Mr. Mario T. Mascarenas
When Marinduque State College was established in 1952 as Marinduque School of Arts and Trades by virtue of Republic Act 805, the School had been operating the two-year Technical Curricula. During that year, Industrial Technology was a separate section which was headed by Mr. Respicio A. Javier. The following courses were offered at the time: Technical Automotive Mechanics, Technical Building Construction, Technical Drafting, Technical Electricity, Technical Cosmetology, Garments Trades and Technical Food Trades.
In Academic Year 1975 – 1976 the Department of Education Culture and Sports (DECS) Order No. 28 s. 1975 authorized the school to offer the four-year Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology Curriculum (BSIT).
During the term of College President Dr. Rodrigo G. Monterey Sr., a new organizational structure was created that paved the way for the merging of the two largest sections of the College: Engineering and Technology to become the School of Engineering and Technology (SET).
By AY 2005 – 2006, during the term of College President Dr. Romulo H. Malvar, Technology was separated from Engineering and became a separate School, the School of Industrial Technology (SIT) that offered a two-year craftsmanship curriculum, a three year Technician program and a four-year Bachelors’ degree.
During the term of College President Dr. Merian P. Catajay-Mani, a new organizational structure was created with the School of Industrial Technology merging with the School of Information and Computing Sciences and became known as the School of Technology (STech), but by 2020, the Industrial Technology program was again separated to become what it is today, the School of Industrial Technology.
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology are expected to become highly-skilled and ethically and socially responsible industrial technologists.