Dr. Menandro M. Merlin
Head, BAC Secretariat
Function and Responsibilities
- Advertise and, or post the invitation to bid or request for expression of interest.
- Conduct pre-procurement and pre-bid conferences.
- Determine the eligibility of prospective bidders.
- Receive bids.
- Conduct the evaluation of bids.
- Undertake post-qualification proceedings.
- Resolve motions for reconsideration.
- Recommend award of contract to the Head of Procuring Entity or his duly authorized representative.
- Recommend the imposition of sanctions in accordance with Rule XXIII of RA 9184
- Recommend to the Head of Procuring Entity the use of Alternative methods of procurement as provided in Rule XVI of RA 9184.
- Create a Technical Working Group (TWG) from a pool of technical, financial, and/ or legal experts.
|Chairperson||Atty. Crispin Francis M. Jandusay|
|Vice Chairperson||Ms. Erma E. Reyes|
|Members||Mr. Julie P. Rodelas
Dr. Merryrose R. Palma
Mr. Raoul J. Magcamit
|Civil Works||Engr. Melito L. Hirondo|
|Electrical Works||Engr. Nilo L. Buenaventura|
|IT Equipment/Services||Dr. Randell R. Reginio|
|Automotive||Mr. Orlando M. Oliva|
|Electorinics||Engr. Teodoro M. Ricamara|
|Science Laboratories||Ms. Mae Christine C. Ogayre|
|Fisheries||Ms. Orlen M. Mallen|
|Agri-related Projects||Mr. Adrian S. Mausig|
|Medical Supplies||Mr. John Ryan R. Leaño|
|Library Materials||Ms. Janna Christine P. Magulcang|
|Common Goods||Ms. Jewayrie R. Reforma|
|Consultancy/Services||Mr. Marvin R. Plata|
|Head||Dr. Menandro M. Merlin|
|Members||Ms. Janine Joie M. Rocha
Ms. Jessica M. Mabiog
Mr. Nowell P. Maac
Function and Responsibilities of the BAC Secretariat
- Provide administrative support to the BAC.
- Organize and make all necessary arrangements for BAC meetings and conferences.
- Prepare minutes of meetings and resolutions the BAC.
- Take custody of procurement documents and other records.
- Manage the distribution of Bidding Documents to interested bidders.
- Advertise and/ or post bidding opportunities, including Bidding Documents, and Notices of Awards.
- Assist in managing the procurement processes.
- Monitor procurement activities and milestones for proper reporting to relevant agencies when required. Consolidate PPMPs from various units of the procuring entity to make them available for review.
- Be the central channel of communications for the BAC with end-users, PMOs, other units of the line agency, other government agencies, providers of goods, infrastructure projects and consulting services, observers and the general public.
Functions and Responsibilities of the Technical Working Group
- Assist the BAC in the preparation of the bidding documents, ensuring that the same properly reflects the requirements of the Procuring Entity and that these conforms to the standards set forth by RA 9184, its IRR-A and the PBDs prescribed by the GPPB.
- Assist the BAC in the conduct of eligibility screening of prospective bidders, and in the short-listing of prospective bidders in case of biddings for consulting services.
- Assist the BAC in the evaluation of bids and prepare the accompanying reports for the BAC’s consideration and approva.
- Assist the BAC in the conduct of post-qualification activities and prepare the post-qualification summary report for the BAC’s approval.
- Assist the BAC and BAC Secretariat in preparing the resolution recommending award with regard to the technical aspect, if necessary.
- Provide utmost priority to BAC assignments over all other duties and responsibilities, until the requirements for the procurement at hand are completed [Jury Duty].