MSC’s Learning Resource Center (LRC) or Library was established simultaneously with the founding of Marinduque School of Arts and Trades (MSAT). It started as a one-classroom library and housed reference materials to cater to the needs of faculty and students of MSAT.
The LRC also plays a major role in the promotion of learning and research activities. The unit is under the Office of the Vice President for Academic Affairs and is directly supervised by its current designated Director, Ms. Arlene M. Rualo.
The LRC is composed of the main library and its three branches: LRC Sta. Cruz, LRC Torrijos, and LRC Gasan. The main library and its branches are in the process of developing their units through updated and upgraded educational tools, equipment, & facilities, continuous acquisition of books and periodicals, and improvement of technical and readers’ services.
- Ensure timely and equitable access to the LRC’s resources and services to meet the needs of its clientele.
- Develop and maintain an educational program for the maximum utilization of resources and services.
- Maintain close and meaningful working relationships with students, faculty, administrators, and staff of the college.
Marinduque State College’s Learning Resource Center is the primary facility that serves the information resource needs of MSC’s academic community. It provides various resources such as books. Journals, theses and e-resources such as e-books, e-journals, and e-databases.
- Circulation Services. Caters to the clients’ needs of borrowing and return of materials for in-house reading, photocopying, and overnight use. Books in circulation are all monographs within the library subjected for home loans and checked out of the library except for reference books and reserved books.
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC). This is where patrons can search online bibliographies of library collections available to the public.
- Referral Services. Students or faculty members who need to consult the information center may request the librarian for the issuance of a referral letter to the institution of their choice.
- Library User Education. The LRC conducts library orientation, e-resources tutorial, and specialized instruction to teach library research skills and promote information literacy.
- Reference Services (Ask a Librarian). This service caters to clients’ inquiry related to access to information they need and includes the provision of access to online resources of the library. This service is available through face-to-face inquiry, phone-in inquiry, or online inquiry.