BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN NURSING- Accredited Level I-AACCUP, Inc.
ObjectivesThe BS Nursing Program aims to:
Produce a fully functioning nurse who is able to perform the competencies under each of the Key Areas of Responsibility as to, Safe and Quality Nursing Care, Management of Resources and Environment, Health Education, Legal Responsibility, Ethico-Moral Responsibility, Personal and Professional Development, Quality Improvement, Nursing Research, Records Management, Communication, Collaboration and Teamwork.
Specifically the program aims to develop nursing student’s ability to:
Utilize therapeutic communication skills when interacting with clients, significant support persons and other members of the healthcare team.
Demonstrate clinical decision-making skills that reflect evidence-based nursing care of clients and significant support persons.
Utilize the nursing process to provide individualized care to clients and significant support persons throughout the lifespan.
Develop individualized teaching plans that utilize principles of teaching and learning for clients and significant support persons.
Collaborate with the client, significant support persons, nursing colleagues and other members of the interdisciplinary health care team to evaluate achievement of positive client outcomes.
Utilize nursing informatics and other forms of technologies to deliver optimal client care.
Demonstrate an awareness of nursing research findings and date collection methods as a means of advancing the professional knowledge base of nursing.
Facilitate the continuity of care of clients within and among a variety of health care settings.
Participate in lifelong learning.
Practice the profession within the ethical, legal and regulatory frameworks of Nursing and standards of professional Nursing.
- AY 2011-2012
- AY 2012-2013
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MIDWIFERY (BSM)
Is a four-year degree program consisting of general education, and professional subjects which prepare registered midwives for higher level midwifery competencies. The program includes Clinical Practicum in Management of OB Emergencies and High Risk Pregnancies, Care of Infants and Children, Comprehensive Family Planning, Community Health Service Management, Midwifery Pharmacology, Research, Entrepreneurship, Administration and Supervision.
Specific professions/career, occupation or trades here and abroad that the graduates of BS Midwifery may be engaged in:
- Midwife Supervisor
- Principal/Dean of Midwifery School
- Health Facility Administrator
- Entrepreneur/Clinic of Birth Home Owner/Manager
- Health Program Manager
The Bachelor of Science in Midwifery Program aims to:
Develop higher level competencies of a midwife as health care provider, educator, researcher, supervisor, entrepreneur and health care facility manager.
Specifically, this enables the graduates to:
- Give the necessary supervision, care and advice to high risk parturient;
- Execute emergency measures in the absence of medical doctor;
- Provide family planning services;
- Provide Integrated Management of Childhood Illness services;
- Manage Maternal & Child Health Clinics at the community level;
- Facilitate community organizing and social mobilization for community development;
- Engage in independent, entrepreneurial health activities including management of primary health care facilities;
- Implement/Manage midwifery programs; and
- Perform other health related functions as may be deemed necessary by appropriate agency.
- AY 2012-2011
DIPLOMA IN MIDWIFERY
Is a two-year program consisting of general education, and professional subjects which prepares students for entry-level Midwifery competencies. This 2-year direct entry program includes Clinical Practicum in Foundation of Midwifery, Normal Obstetrics and Care of the New Born, Introduction to High Risk Obstetrics and Basic Care of Infants and Feeding, Basic Family Planning, Primary Health Care an Midwifery Ethics, Law and Practice. Graduates of the program are qualified to take the government licensure examination for Midwifery.
Specific professions/career, occupation or trades here and abroad that the graduates of Diploma in Midwifery may be engaged in:
- Staff Midwife
- Domiciliary Midwife
- Rural Health Midwife
- Clinical Instructor
The Diploma in Midwifery Program aims to:
Develop the knowledge, attitude and skills of the first level midwives in the care of the girl-child, the adolescent and the adult woman prior to, during and following pregnancy.
This prepares midwives to:
- Give the necessary supervision, care and advice to women during pregnancy, labor and post partum period;
- Manage normal deliveries on her own responsibility and care for the child.
Specifically, graduates of the two-year program are expected to:
- Perform primary health care services within the community (promotive and preventive care);
- Counsel and educate women, and family and community regarding family planning including preparation for parenthood/parenting;
- Detect abnormal conditions in the mother and infant;
- Obtain specialized assistance as necessary (consultation or referral).
- AY 2011-2012
- AY 2012-2013
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN SOCIAL WORKS (BSSW)
Bachelor of Science in Social Work is an undergraduate program that prepares students for direct practice of social work to individuals, families, groups, and communities. The profession aims to advance the growth and empowerment of people, development and social progress of communities, and greater justice and equality of societies where there exist oppression, discrimination and inequality among marginalized individuals, families, groups, and communities. The hallmarks of the profession are the promotion of social change, empowerment, and problem solving in human relationships.